• Girls Bowling Game at Mt Baker Lanes vs Ferndale. 3:15 Tue, Jan 22

• End of Semester January 25!

• Home Girls Basketball Game vs Sehome. Tue 7:15, Jan 22.

• Home Boys Basketball Game vs Anacortes. 7:15 Thru, Jan 29

• Home Girls Basketball Game vs Sedro-Woolley. 6:00 Fri, Jan 18

• Home Boys Basketball Game vs Sedro-Woolley. 7:30 Fri, Jan 18. CHICKENFEST!!

Filed under A & E

Books Recommended By B-EHS

If your looking for something to read here are some books recommended by your fellow students from BEHS.

Some popular books or series at the library are the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Mass which is about a teenage assassin trying to survive long enough to earn her freedom in a corrupt kingdom. Another is the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi which is about a 17 year old girl with a painful touch.

Looking for some fantasy? Check out any one of Maggie Stiefvater’s books including The Wolves of Mercury Falls and The Raven Cycle.

Savannah Lopez recommends the book Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo “because of the little mouse and the adventure.” Another book that has plenty of adventure is The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney recommended by Ryan Luvera.

If your looking for a book that’s set in the outdoors then Hatchet by Gary Paulsen might appeal to you. Seth Brusseau likes this book because it has “Lots of graphic detail about survival.”

Also check out The Giver by Lois Lowry. Sage Mailhot recommends this book for its “futuristic and sci-fi…” setting as well as its “…story of love and adventure.”

As well if your interested in the Apocalipse, Talmage Palmer recommends The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The Road is about a father and son’s journey across a post-apocalyptic land.

If you want to read something a little closure to real life check out The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney. Susie Broda recommends this book because it is “Suspenseful and builds up.”

One author who has written many great books is John Green. His books include the Fault in Our Stars and Turtles all the Way Down.

Another good book is The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon, recommended by Katie Hayton. You can also check out The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas recommended by Fidelia Cosgrove because it’s “really empowering”.

Our own librarian, Mrs. Anderson, recommends the book I think it, You Say it by Curtis Sittenfeld.

All of these books are loved by your fellow students and if you need some good reads head to the library and check out any one of these wonder filled books.