Tiger Jam

Ashtyn Gudgel '18, A&E Editor

March 10 at Burlington-Edison High School the third annual Tiger Jam, a yearly talent show that showcases the talents of various students. Eighteen acts performed, ranging from playing instruments, to singing and dancing.

The proceeds of Tiger Jam go to a different charity every year. This year, the charity was the YMCA Oasis Teen Shelter and Daylight Center. The shelter is meant for “homeless, at-risk and runaway youth seeking temporary shelter.”

This year, $650 was raised and will be presented to the shelter in a week’s time.

Tiger Jam, which is put on by the leadership team, is also a way for students to show off their talents.

Peyton Wright, ‘18, performed a dance to the song “Lovely” by Sara Haze.

“I love being in front of a crowd and being on stage,” Wright said. “I have been dancing for 11 years so performing has always been a part of my life.”

Tyler Fransson, Daniel Foulds, and Ezra Fowler, ‘19, performed “What You Know” by Two Door Cinema Club.

“I’ve never been in a talent show before,” Fransson said. “I think it would be a lot of fun to perform for others.”

Fowler played bass guitar and vocals, Foulds played the drums, while Fransson played piano.

Amy Palmer, ‘18, decided to write an original song and perform at Tiger Jam.

“I love to sing and I saw Tiger Jam as a way to do what I love and hopefully people will enjoy it as much as I do,” Palmer said. “I’m really excited to perform my song (‘Hold On’) and share it with the school.”