Dear Tabby

Tabby, Counselor

Dear Tabby,

My friend’s boyfriend just broke up with her. How do I help her?

• Sincerely, Worried Friend.

Dear Worried Friend,

All you can do is just be there for her. When a relationship is over it can be hard to move on. Being there for her will show her that she has someone she can talk to and have support. Try and help her move on and continue being happy.

• Sincerely, Tabby.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Dear Tabby,

How many apples can I spray with Windex before they become toxic?

• Sincerely, Apple Srayer

Dear Apple Sprayer,

You can spray as many apples with Windex as you want. Ingesting small amounts of Windex will most likely not cause any harm, but I strongly advise you not to eat or drink anything with Windex in it. MedlinePlus states that “drinking large amounts of Windex leads to window cleaner poisoning. A few of the common symptoms experienced after ingesting Windex or any glass cleaner include throat swelling, difficulty breathing, and abdominal pain.” So please don’t eat or drink Windex.

• Sincerely, Tabby.

Dear Tabby,

I sometimes think about dropping out of school and just focus on finding a career/job so I can get some cash. I think i’m just unmotivated to finish school. Is there anything I can do to stay motivated?

• Sincerely, Struggling Student

Dear Struggling Student,

Dropping out of high school will limit the opportunities you could have. Not being motivated in high school is a common thing. I have found that participating in school activities such as sports, clubs, or just attending basketball and football games helps me feel apart of the school which lets me know that people want me there. Having people to support you and motivate you is so important. Graduating high school is amazing, knowing that you stuck through it is an awesome feeling. Having a high school diploma sounds better to employers than high school dropout which could affect how you obtain certain jobs which can make earning money difficult. Stick through it and be the best that you can be.

• Sincerely, Tabby

Dear Tabby,

How do I show my friends that I care about them?

• Sincerely, Honest Friend

Dear Honest Friend,

The best way to show your friends that you care about them is to be there whenever they need you. Don’t ignore their texts, Snapchats, or calls. Being ignored is one of the biggest slaps in the face, it makes the friend think that they did something to offend you. Making them laugh and happy is another way to show that you care about their feelings and emotions which can help boost their self esteem. Give them random, spontaneous hugs. Trust me it works.

• Sincerely, Tabby

Dear Tabby,

How hard is it when it comes to answering the questions you get? What was the hardest question? The easiest?

• Sincerely, Questioning Youth

Dear Questioning Youth,

It depends on the question. When I get a question that is pretty personal I try to comfort them and give them advice without trying to sound pushy or judgemental. I don’t want to say which question was the hardest or easiest due to privacy and respect, but they are all hard and easy to a certain point. But I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability.

• Sincerely, Tabby

Dear Tabby,

My parents are getting divorced. How should I cope with it?

• Sincerely Conflicted

Dear Conflicted,

Divorce on the adults is hard but it is harder on the children. Your parents love you and always will. When what you have known for all of your life is changing it can feel like your life is falling apart. It’s not, you still have two parents and friends who love you and will support you throughout the entire process. I can’t tell you how to cope with this, but I can tell you that you will get through it.

• Sincerely, Tabby.

Dear Tabby,

How do I survive Junior year next year?

• Sincerely, Scared Sophomore.

Dear Scared Sophomore,

Junior year can either be the hardest school year or the easiest school year of your life. If you want it to be one of the easiest years listen very carefully to what I’m telling you. DO THE WORK! If you have homework or a project… DO IT! If you have a test… STUDY! This is the easiest and simplest advice I can give you. If you work hard, listen in class, and finish your assignments you will have an awesome year. Be apart of the school; go to school events such as games, plays, or clubs. Become involved in your community and become a trusted and well known member. Work hard…. But have fun.

• Sincerely, Tabby