C-team Girls Basketball Mid-season Update

Shaylen Anderson, Sports Writer/Reporter

The BEHS girls C-team basketball season is off and running, with eight games under its belt. Having won five, and lost three, the girls are already halfway through their season. They started out their season with a win in Sedro Woolley beating them 44-1. The next few games they beat Mt.Vernon (40-17), Anacortes (26-25), Bellingham (54-9). They then lost to Port Angeles (22-25), and Lake Stevens (31-51). Then beating Lakewood (40-14 ), and most recently losing to Sehome 22-24 and then beating Concrete 37-22

With a lot of the season behind her, Jozlenn Evans, ’20, a post for the Tigers says “We’re a good team. Honestly, all the other teams, as the season progresses, we get a lot better and all the other teams get a lot better, but we were already the best at the beginning, so we’re the best now.”

“Good, we’ve won some games, but we also have lost some games.” Rachel Husband,’20, said, speaking about the way she has seen the season. About the other team’s Husband says “Overall decent players, but I think we’ve mostly been better than them.”

As for the other teams, Evans says, “ The other teams, we wreck them, honestly. The only game I regret is Sehome because we could have beat them. All the other team have been fifty percent to us.”

From the start of the season from now, a lot has changed, at the beginning Evans says, “My goals were to get better at rebounding and improve my shooting and to be strong with them, but they haven’t changed as much as I would like them to.”

Katelyn Duvall,‘20, another Freshman on the C-team says “The other teams, well it’s been a really wide variety. We’ve had some really easy teams, and we’ve also had some others that were a bit harder and we have struggled they have shut us down, but I think we’re doing pretty good”.

“ My biggest regret is getting mad about the Sehome game.” Allie Ellis,’20,said. “The other teams have been really good, and it’s fun playing teams that are hard to play.”

As for the remainder of the season, Evans says, “My goals for the rest of the season are to get more comfortable (dribbling). I really just want to pass the ball and go, I don’t want to go all the way down the court. But, I’ll be there if you need it, so ball handling really.”

Thinking back on what has gone well and what mistakes were made, Evans says “I’m most proud of my rebounds, but it always depends on the the team. If we are up by a lot, that just motivates me to beat them even more. My biggest regret is the Sehome game, also the port Angeles game because we lost by three.”

For the rest of their season, they will be playing Ferndale (January 17th), Sedro-Woolley (January 19th), Blaine (January 23rd), Squalicum (January 24th), and Sehome for their final game on February 6th.